It’s not just about finding the right gym when it comes to exercising. The proper workout outfit is necessary for an efficient and comfortable workout. Don’t think about the fancy labels or the latest fashion. Think about what you are most comfortable in.
Some fabrics are designed to absorb sweat while others pull it away from your skin. Here are a few fabrics that may help you decide which outfit to purchase for your workout.
Not only do your clothes help you while you workout, but it also helps you after. There are several factors and fabrics that can affect how comfortable you are in your workout clothes.
• Wicking: There are many synthetic fabrics that “wick”, to absorb or draw off, the sweat away from your skin, evaporating it quickly and keeping your body cool. Clothing made out of fabrics containing polypropylene are a good choice for exercise and other activities that cause you to sweat a lot.
• Polypropylene: a fabric that helps manage body temperature.
• Avoid cotton: Cotton absorbs sweat and doesn’t pull it away from the skin or help it to evaporate quickly. That’s why cotton workout clothes feel heavier and wetter when you workout. However, if you don’t anticipate sweating a lot, this could be a decent fabric for you. It’s soft and comfortable that works well with light workouts like walking or stretching.
• Avoid fabrics that don’t breathe: Never wear clothing made out of rubber or plastic-based or materials. These keep sweat from evaporating and your body temperature too high during a workout.
We recommend – Juicy Couture Women’s Relaxed Hoodie
You want to make sure you get the right fit. You don’t want your clothes too loose that they flap around you, obstructing your workout, but you don’t want to get them too tight as well, which will make it impossible for your body to breathe. Here are some tips to make sure you pick out the right outfit.
• Avoid wide-leg or loose pants when you are running or biking. You don’t want to get your pant-leg caught in your pedal or in a wheel, or trip over them.
• Stretch, fitted fabrics are good for activities such as yoga or pilates. They will allow you the movement needed for these exercises.
In general, keep in mind that you don’t want any clothing that gets in the way of the activity. Adjust your workout outfit to your exercise routine.
If you workout outdoors, you may have to change your outfit with the weather.
• Hot weather. During the warm months, make sure you choose fabrics that allow your body to breathe and wick away sweat. Find clothes that allow your body to move freely and keep you cool.
• You’ll need to dress warmer during the cold months. Still keep in mind that you’ll be increasing you body temperature. Dress for weather warmer than it really is. Try layering when you begin your workout, that way you can remove any if you begin to feel overheated.
• The rain or a strong wind can ruin an outdoor workout. Wear a layer that can protect your skin from the elements.
We recommend – Champion Women’s Freedom Seamless Racerback Sports Bra
It helps if you follow these tips to purchase your workout clothes. Now, these tips may seem to obstruct the actual outfit you have in mind. Perhaps you found something cute that you would love to show off, along with the muscles you will be gaining when you workout. That is also an important factor when choosing a workout outfit. Try to mix what you want with what you need in your workout clothes.
Choose clothes that you find attractive. If you can’t stand wearing an outfit that you don’t like or doesn’t appeal to you, you won’t feel in the most joyful mood and you want to be in a good mood while working out. Feeling sad or depressed can affect the way you workout, and what you wear can actually affect your attitude.
Your underclothing is also important for comfort during a workout. Something that doesn’t chaff would help. Women should look for a good sports bra that offers support and flexibility. Men may want to look for a protective cup, especially if they are playing contact sports.
Wearing the right type of footwear is important as well. You wouldn’t run on a treadmill wearing heels or flip-flops, would you? People who do a lot of workouts where they are constantly on their feet should look for a comfortable athletic shoe that supports your feet and ankles and helps boosts your performance.
We recommend – Spalding Women’s Capri Legging
Doing the right exercise is important when you are trying to begin a workout regimen, just like wearing the right outfit. You want to make sure you are comfortable and safe when picking the right clothes. You want to make sure the clothes go with the exercise you plan to do as well as be appealing so you look good while your workout.